About Me

Geek chick trying to make her way in this world without offending the powers that be so that I can glide under the radar but still do what I wanna do. Get it? Got it? Good.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lack of postage.. due to great weather!

Sorry for my lack of postage, it's not because I didn't buy stamps, it's because the weather has been fantastic!  Most around here would say it's too effin' hot @ 30 to 37 celcius (86 to 98 farenheit for my US friends) , but I love 30/90 degree weather, especially since I lost weight. 

When I was 320, I would be bathed in sweat at this temperature and not sleep for days without central air... that's me, sweaty and high maintenance :)  Now in the 220's/230's I love heat, but still enjoy central air to sleep.... I think i'm prepping for retirement in Arizona or Nevada :)

I don't have any races scheduled until September or October, I decided to not sign up for a race unless there is bling involved (see my high maintenance comment).  I have, however, been walking some long distances in lieu of running.  I've done a few 8km or 9km walks during the heat.  If I were ever to get out of bed early enough to go for a run in the morning before work (Kicks own ass) then I would definitely run over walk with cooler temps. 

I figure movement is good, and since I can't move too fast in the heat, I'll move for longer times/distances.

That's it for now... more updates soon... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment