About Me

Geek chick trying to make her way in this world without offending the powers that be so that I can glide under the radar but still do what I wanna do. Get it? Got it? Good.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Aaaaaaand 2012 race season begins!

The 30 for 30 challenge ended shortly after the holidays and I think all said and told it went well.  I came back from Xmas vacation and had actually lost weight.  However, having a few days off before going back to work and being exhausted from a 12 hr drive I convinced myself I "deserved" some time off and some time to "eat whatever I wanted"  double whammy kiss of death.  I feel off the wagon hard, got stuck in a puddle of mud and wallowed there for awhile.

When I finally awoke from my calorie induced coma, I decided it was the usual:  not really worth it in the long run and I can't really live that way full time.  I am going to have to weigh and measure everything I eat for the rest of my natural life.  Once they jar my head in pickle brine I can hit the chocolate croissants, but until then I have to try and live the Weight Watcher lifestyle as much as possible.  It's not to say that I won't fall off the wagon again, but I plan to jog behind it and not loose it from sight.  Man, I sound like a broken record.  It's the definition of insanity:  doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

So to avoid being defined as "insane" I decided to take a leap.  No, not a leap off a bridge LOL  I was never that depressed about some weight re-gain.  Bummed and resigned was more the state of mind.  What I did to kick things up a notch was to sign up for a race... a 10km race!  *gulp*  I need to focus on training for something again and since I've run 5km races for the last 2 years I decided that 10km was not only a challenge that I was ready for but a challenge that would help me with my weight loss and my running speed.

It stands to reason that more training mileage (from 15km a week to 40km a week) will burn more calories, which will make me loose weight, which will hopefully also help me speed up.  That's my theory anyway :)

Stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. You can do it Carol! Remember when 5k looked daunting? You'll master this one before you know it. Plus there's more bling for your charm bracelet when you do, right?

    Keep up the good work :) You're a force!

    And remember, there's always the 1/2 marathon for the Army Race -- we're always looking for more walkers!!!

    ReplyDelete