About Me

Geek chick trying to make her way in this world without offending the powers that be so that I can glide under the radar but still do what I wanna do. Get it? Got it? Good.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Spud is kicking ass and taking names...

Ok, so..  this time out was much better than Monday.  Yesterday I went to the gym and did 20 mins on the elliptical and 20 mins on the treadmill.. just for extra burn....figured that the extra "movement" is not only good for some extra caloric burn, but will also strengthen my legs and help my lungs break their mucus-like restraints. 

So back to today's outing... the ball diamond was a bit soggy, but it wasn't raining when we went out.. the wind was cold and the clouds were really dark and foreboding.  I struggled but finished all the running segments except one that I had to end 3 seconds early.  I'm getting better again, but it still takes the whole walking segment for me to catch my breath... I'm sure Alex is worried about whipping out the defibrillator or being really worried about being forced to give me mouth to mouth.  Settle down you pervs!

So I'm going to finish off this week still doing week 2 of the program.  I'm going to bring my running shoes with me to Vegas so that I can hopefully get in a few runs, but at the very least I hope to walk my ass off.. literally!  hahaha  I'm really hoping like crazy that this flu/cold thing will be gone.. totally gone by the time I fly to Vegas.  Last time we took a trip, I was on the plane going to Jamaica and I could feel myself getting sick as we were flying towards our beautiful tropical destination.  Sore throat, running nose and sneezing was not only not attractive, but not very fun while on vacation.  That's it that's all.. no more being sick!  Begone evil sickness!

Spud out...

No comments:

Post a Comment