About Me

Geek chick trying to make her way in this world without offending the powers that be so that I can glide under the radar but still do what I wanna do. Get it? Got it? Good.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Spudding along

Alex and I ran on Monday night as we were privilege to some nice mild weather.  It was a pretty good run, we were both feeling healthier and I think I only coughed a bit after we were done.  (damn phlegm!) 

The week before Halloween, I was busy with Halloween prep and Alex was sick and then the first week of November I had to work late most of the week..... sooooo I didn't do any running at all and Alex used her elliptical and hopefully annoyed the crap out of her neighbors LOL  (Seriously, the place is not sound proof at all!)

I foolishly (at least in my mind) chose week 3 of the program which is:

5 min warm up walk
90 seconds run
90 seconds walk
3 mins run
3 mins walk
90 seconds run
90 seconds walk
3 mins run
3 mins walk
5 min cool down

Everything was going well until the 3 min run... it caught me off guard because I hadn't looked at the program beforehand.  I ran 2 mins of the 3.. but then i pooped out LOL

I did great on the 90 seconds.... like I told my friend Bill who has been an avid runner for years "man I look back on that 60 second run fondly, it would be so easy now LOL!"

Let's hope I look back on the 5km when i'm training for the 10km with great fondness"

Spud out!

No comments:

Post a Comment