About Me

Geek chick trying to make her way in this world without offending the powers that be so that I can glide under the radar but still do what I wanna do. Get it? Got it? Good.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's been a good week... and I plan to keep it that way!

I've tracked everything.  I've pre-tracked some of the days.  I've moved everyday.  I've drank water.  I've gone outside.  I've eaten all my weekly allowance points.  I've tracked 60 activity points so far  (yeah 60!)  I went out for Sushi Monday night.  I went out to Montana's and a movie last night.  The scale this morning still made me smile.  I guess it's all relative.  I'm positive about Saturday's weigh in.

I was a bit tender on Monday after race weekend, but it went away quickly, hell I even wore high heels to work Wednesday (Workin' it!)  Picture can be made available upon request :)

I wasn't always a person that enjoyed warmer weather, but I always felt that I was in a better mood with the sun, sand, surf months of the year.  When I was over 300 pounds hot weather meant sleepless nights, sweaty evenings and days at work spent trying to stay awake, while trying to avoid the temptation to just move to the office (I know how you feel Tonia!)

After I lost a pretty good chunk of weight, the hot weather wasn't as much of a thing to endure, but is slowly becoming a thing to celebrate.  Yeah, I still sweat like crazy when trapped in contraffic (construction + traffic) but the sunshine, sundresses, flip flops, outdoor running, BBQ'ing, slushy drinks, sweet juicy fruit and total lack of anything winter related really make me happy... so much so that it must be obvious to everyone.  This was proven to me when we vacationed in Las Vegas where it's an extremely dry heat and I loved it!  This week we have humid heat, but I don't care, the sun makes me smile.  The sun makes me want to run everyday... and in my book, that's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment