About Me

Geek chick trying to make her way in this world without offending the powers that be so that I can glide under the radar but still do what I wanna do. Get it? Got it? Good.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Shredding with the oldie... (I'm the oldie)

Day 2 of the 30 day Shred challenge that I'm inflicting upon myself :)  I was a bit tender today, mostly upper body because I'm a road warrior and my legs are in pretty good shape dragging this big carcass around.  I was also a bit tender in my upper abs and obliques because my stomach "keg" is a slight indication that I have a mostly crappy core LOL  Rotten to the core baby!

The tenderness is kind of welcome... it makes me feel like I'm doing something good for myself.  We went to the movies after work and it helped me avoid the temptation of getting popcorn, or going out for dinner afterwards.  The tenderness reminded me that "Hey, do you really want to keep feeling sore body parts?  Because if you keep going out to eat or eating above your daily points, you're adding more day to the end of the hard part of working out... do you really want to do that????"   So I skipped the popcorn, and we ate at home.  Baby steps and yay for small victories.

I've read a lot of reviews online and looked at before & after results of the 30 day Shred and I hope that I don't lose momentum or get bored like several people mentioned online.  I don't expect that I will see huge results, but I'm hoping that the Shred will help me in the long run because it has the strength training component that I hate to do in the gym.  At least Jillian makes it more fun.  Standing or sitting there and pumping iron while counting reps on a machine bores me to tears!  She gets you to do bicep curls while you do lunges... multi-tasking!  Love it!  Plus you can't beat the 20 minutes.  Fits in nicely in the morning before my morning shower.

We will have to see how I deal with it on the weekends...

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment