About Me

Geek chick trying to make her way in this world without offending the powers that be so that I can glide under the radar but still do what I wanna do. Get it? Got it? Good.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Busy Bees stay out of trouble :P

Weight Off Wednesday!  YAY  I'm down to 233.2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is the lowest weight I've been in a long long long time... I'm talking like at least 2 or 3 years!  I remember getting close to or just under 200 in 2005, but not since!  WOOHOO  *happy snoopy dance*  OK gotta stop, my cube-mate has just turned around and started giving me the "ok, let's call the people with the nice white coats with all those buckles on em" look.  *ahem*

So, I ran on the the treadmill last night with the new shoes... Oh My God.. it was like running on a cloud... I really should buy new sneakers every 6 months like they recommend... I'm just going to have to pay attention to their sales and buy sneakers then, even if I'm a few months early.. *mental note = add reminder to google calendar*  Because the sneakers were like lite puffs of air cradling my tender tootsies, I really ran hard.. I pushed the speed up from my regular 5.5 up to 6.4 several times (my treadmill has a some set speeds 3.2 is button #2, button #3 is 4.8 and button #4 is 6.4)  I usually walk at 3.2 and then hit button #3 for 4.8 but pump it up to 5.0 all the way up to 5.5.  At 5.5 my pace is about 12:00 which is slower than what we have run with the Running Room... Linda paced us at about 10:00 or 11:00.... sooooo by pumping up my speed I managed to run several times closer to the 10:00 speed which means that *IF* I can work my way up to keeping that pace, I will finish a 5km race quicker than my 47:00 mins from May YAY YAY YAY!  I tell ya, I was one super sweaty Spud!

On the downside, Alex is on the injured players list as her knee is just bugging her too much.  She's going to keep coming to the lectures until the end of class (Aug 6th) but then she's going to continue with her physio and start doing some weight lifting at Good Life and I'm going to join her so that she can whoop my ass into doing some weights... cause I hate it :(  We've also decided to skip the Great Raisin River Run on August 8th.  It's not exactly close to us and we'd probably need a hotel overnight or need to leave Ottawa at 3am to drive there and get ready for an early morning race... therefore we're gonna skip it.  I'm definitely going to sign up for the Army Run on Sunday Sept. 19th, which is cool because it gives me almost 2 extra months to increase my speed!

Yesterday's points:

28 RP + 11 AP = 39 - 36.2 = 2.8 points leftover

2 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo!! How's that for a victory :) You're really kickin' that scale's behind!!

    Keep up the great work! I'm soooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weigh in you are doing great. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete